Bruno Ganz plays Hitler plays Tony Abbott in this brilliant behind-the-scenes take on the Slipper affair (and I’m not talking about the Cinderella story, though the day of Slipper’s ascension, Melinda Tankard Reist did get on Twitter claiming to have lost her shoe on her way from Circular Quay to somewhere. Make of that what you will.) This is the most accomplished example of Godwin’s Law I’ve seen thus far.
Meanwhile I continue to marvel at the farcical shenanigans of both major parties that have resulted in the best outcome for asylum seekers we’ve had since before Tampa, against their thunderously expressed policies. Whether they arrive by boat or plane, asylum seekers are now to be treated the same, and released into the community while their claims are assessed. For two major parties dedicated to off-shore processing, you’ve certainly cocked that up! If there are any gods, they’ll be laughing their heads off at the stupidity of mortal pollies, because you outwitted yourselves, people, and the decent thing happened in spite of you all.
As someone noted on Twitter, it’s just as well Mr Rabbit failed to sell his arse, because then he’d have nothing to talk out of, and nowhere to put his head. My God, you have to love Twitter.
- Abbott A Prawn In Gillard’s Game? (cafewhispers.wordpress.com)
- Boat people being moved into community (news.theage.com.au)
- Voters will punish Slipper move: Abbott (news.theage.com.au)
- Sinking in the Slipper to restore some order to Parly (thepunch.com.au)
- Slipper warned the night before: quit preselection (theage.com.au)